Advertisement

Poll fraud cover-up ongoing — Tingting

But Palace downplays PNoy aunt’s allegations A Top Palace executive, a Commission on Elections official and a military general met in July at a residence in Mc Kinley, Forbes Park to plot the cover-up of the electoral fraud that marred the May 2013 senatorial and congressional polls to benefit administration candidates, the President’s aunt, Margarita Cojuangco said Friday. Cojuangco said the cover-up began in July and continues to be carried out to this day. “The cover-up involves the printing of new ballots to replace the original ballots that contained the real votes so as to match the bloated statement of votes (SOV) that supposedly passed through the PCOS (precinct count optical scan) and servers,” Cojuangco told the Manila Standard in an interview. Cojuangco said her sources in the Palace informed her that the officials from the Palace and the Comelec panicked upon learning that she was conducting a nationwide probe and immediately asked President Benigno Aquino III for P30 million to carry out the cover-up. “[They] panicked because they knew I have proof to show that indeed the elections were rigged and the result of the polls was pre-programmed to make the administration senatorial and congressional candidates win,” Cojuangco said. In the congressional races, Cojuangco said the results were “equally reversely proportional.” “Meaning, the increase of the votes of the administration congressional candidate exactly equal with the decrease of the vote share of the opponent,” Cojuangco said. “This is not just seen on the municipal level but also in the per precinct level.” In the senatorial race, Cojuangco said, the 60-30-10 pattern – 60 percent for the administration, 30 percent for the opposition and 10 percent fo independent candidates – was consistent and discovered in 105 cities and municipalities. She said the 60-30-10 scheme was first discovered by Math professor Lex Muga of the Ateneo de Manila University. “Our nationwide investigation showed the 60-30-10 vote scheme was discovered in 59,667 clustered precincts. We have also discovered that there was a pattern among candidates, that whenever there is a vote bulk that enters the transparency server, they would get an equal vote share and the percentage share of each candidate would never change dramatically even if the province canvassed were their bailiwicks or weak areas,” said Cojuangco, head of the election watchdog Isang Bansa Isang Boto. She said her group has found evidence to prove that the 60-30-10 voting pattern was consistent with the results in that the Team Pnoy candidates getting 60 percent of the total votes cast, the opposition United Nationalist Alliance bets getting 30 percent and the rest of the independent bets sharing the 10 percent. Cojuangco also took potshots at the Palace claims that it has already answered the issues she raised. “How is that possible that the Palace is claiming that it has already answered the issues I have raised when this is the first time I brought the result of my nationwide probe in the open,” said Cojuangco, referring to the story that came out in the Manila Standard on Thursday. “The Palace is evading the issue that electoral fraud marred the mid-term elections. The result of my nationwide investigation shows that the elections were rigged and the list of senatorial and congressional winners had been pre-programmed by manipulating the PCOS and servers,” Cojuangco said. “The Team PNoy senatorial candidates were digitally elected and the real voters were disenfranchised,” Cojuangco charged. Cojuangco, who ran but lost under the banner of UNA, urged her nephew-President to look into the fraud allegedly perpetrated by his men.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement