Advertisement

Misuari's arrest warrant suspended

Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza and Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) Founding Chairman Nur Misuari are together on board a plane going to Manila on Thursday noon.

This comes, after Dureza handed to Misuari the court order that suspended the warrant of arrest against the MNLF leader.

The suspension order was issued by Pasig Regional Trial Court (RTC).

It was personally handed by Dureza to Misuari at the airport of Jolo in Sulu at 10:45 am Thursday.

Misuari was accompanied by a throng of MNLF combatants at the airport.

Just before their flight to Manila, Misuari said, he is thankful that President Rodrigo Duterte did not believe the accusations that he was involved in Zamboanga siege.

For his part, Dureza said, the peace process in Mindanao can now go on with the participation of the MNLF leadership.

Prior to Thursday morning's event, Misuari had been in hiding.

Rebellion charges and violation of the International Humanitarian Law are pending against him and about 200 of his followers, in connection with the Zamboanga siege in 2013.

Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre cites the suspension of the court proceedings against Misuari as the reason why the suspension order was released. 

 

Topics: Dureza , Misuari , MNLF , Duterte , peace process
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement