By Jed Flores
A Travel app bared its 12 hottest Philippine destinations of 2019.
According to Traveloka, Southeast Asia’s leading online booking platform for hotels, flights as well as activities and attractions, the Philippines is becoming such a tourist hub that there’s been a 74% increase in tourist arrivals from 2018 to 2019 in 12 local destinations.
Topping their list of the current hottest local destinations with a whopping 386 percent increase in tourist arrivals is the postcard-worthy island of Batanes, which, thanks to the availability of cheaper flights, has finally gotten the attention it deserves.
It is likely that most of the destinations on the list such as General Santos and Laoag City, have gained popularity after the six-month rehabilitation of the more mainstream island of Boracay, but it has been a long time coming. Both feature stunning beaches and exciting activities such as paragliding and sandboarding, that surely put these provinces on the tourist radar.
Check out and make sure to add these hot local destinations right now to your 2019 bucket list!
1. Basco, Batanes (+386 percent arrivals)
2. Legazpi City (+197 percent arrivals)
3. General Santos (+174 percent arrivals)
4. Laoag City (+160 percent arrivals)
5. Subic Bay (+95 percent arrivals)
6. Siargao Islands (+90 percent arrivals)
7. Angeles, Pampanga (+53 percent arrivals)
8. Dumaguete City (+39 percent arrivals)
9. Alaminos City (+38 percent arrivals)
10. Cagayan de Oro (+29 percent arrivals)
11. Naga (+17 percent arrivals)
12. Tacloban City (+13 percent arrivals)
With its 7,641 islands, it’s definitely more fun in the Philippines when it comes to exploring famous tourist spots and hidden gems. There are numerous activities to do and places just waiting for you to explore.
Ready for your next adventure? Book your hotels with Traveloka to get the best deals!.